Another Migrant Caravan Is Heading For The U.S. Border

Thousands of Honduran migrants are heading to the U.S. as boundaries between countries in Central America have been reopened amid the coronavirus pandemic. The Associated Press reported Friday that around 2,000 Honduran migrants had entered Guatemala as part of a caravan heading for the U.S. border. Guatemala President Alejandro Giammattei said he would detain the […]

via Conservative Review

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.conservativereview.com/

Anderson Cooper Can’t Help but Laugh as He Airs Melania’s Leaked Personal Phone Calls

CNN’s Anderson Cooper isn’t even attempting to run with the charade that he’s a journalist anymore. In fact, on Thursday evening, the face of the network that has run its credibility into bedrock mocked the first lady of the United States while airing private conversations she had with a person she thought was a friend.…

The post Anderson Cooper Can’t Help but Laugh as He Airs Melania’s Leaked Personal Phone Calls appeared first on The Western Journal.

via The Western Journal

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.westernjournal.com

“I Hope They Die” – Trump’s Critics Celebrate News Of COVID-19 Diagnosis

"I Hope They Die" – Trump’s Critics Celebrate News Of COVID-19 Diagnosis

Tyler Durden

Fri, 10/02/2020 – 07:24

Update (0845ET): It was only a matter of time before somebody pointed out Twitter’s hypocrisy as the social media platform has left thousands of tweets wishing death on the president standing.

Many are blatant violations of Twitter’s terms of service.

* * *

As we mentioned earlier, President Trump’s tweet announcing his and First Lady Melania Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis was his most liked, and most shared, tweet ever, according to analytics shared by Axios.

The tweet, which was sent at 12:54 am on Friday, chalked up record tallies while most of America was asleep, meaning it will likely be remembered as Trump’s most popular tweet ever. Judging by the reaction in the polls seen when the leaders of Canada and Great Britain came down with COVID-19, a diagnosis actually could help improve Trump’s popularity by making him more sympathetic.

Of course, Trump’s political opponents are fixated on Trump’s distaste for social distancing norms. Though President Trump and Joe Biden notably didn’t shake hands at the outset of the debate, Trump defended his decision to continue holding large rallies on the campaign trail, and also mocked Biden for wearing a mask every time he appears on TV. Those clips have been playing in a non-stop loop across cable news.

Self-styled "journalists" and "politicians" tweeted crude jokes, or even went so far as to claim they were praying for both the president and First Lady to succumb to their infections.

Hu Xijin, a top mouthpiece for the Communist Party of China, implied that the president deserved to be infected due to his "gamble" to play down the coronavirus, a comment that was first reported by Bob Woodward during the reporting on his book "Rage".

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have yet to weigh in, and VP Mike Pence has yet to confirm whether he has been tested since Trump’s last test came back positive.

But as the reactions to Trump’s condition grow increasingly spiteful and acrimonious, Paul Joseph Watson and Summit News have gathered some of the most egregious comments.

CNN put the icing on the cake by turning the fearmongering up to "11".

Trump never called the virus itself a "hoax" (though he did suggest the media was overplaying it) and he never said Americans should inject bleach. But both of these ‘conspiracy theories’ have apparently stuck.

One ER doc repeated Joe Biden’s line blaming Trump for all 200k+ COVID-19 deaths.

One Twitter user argued that "the Simpsons" may have predicted Trump’s demise.

Still, not every reporter was completely devoid of class. One former Bloomberg scribe tweeted they wished both the president and the First Lady well.

via ZeroHedge News

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.zerohedge.com/fullrss2.xml

‘Dune’ Star Dave Bautista: ‘Terrifying’ that People Are ‘Praying for Speedy Recovery’ for Trump


The Avengers and Dune star Dave Bautista said it’s “terrifying” the people who thought President Donald Trump was a fascist yesterday are wishing the president well today, after he tested positive for the coronavirus.

“What’s really terrifying to me right now is that so many people who thought Trump was the fascist scourge of the earth yesterday are praying for him and wishing him a speedy recovery today,” the Guardians of the Galaxy star said in a tweet on Friday. “Imagine how his supporters and undecided voters are going to react?! Wtf people?!!”

In another tweet, the former WWE star proclaimed that Trump has “incited violence on so many levels” and “lied to Americans and created a false sense of security and people died.”

“He’d happily see one of his disciples gun down anyone who opposes him. Hes [sic] the same person with or without covid,” he continued, adding that he has “0 sympathy” for Trump.

In response to a tweet from MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, who called for prayers for the president, Bautista clarified that he “never wished” the virus on anyone but questioned how many coronavirus victims the president has, personally, prayed for.

But, the My Spy star did not stop there, mocking president Trump’s lifestyle, fitness, and pre-existing conditions in another tweet.

“Well we know he’s not the epitome of health and fitness,” Bautista said. “I’m guessing by his gimpy walk and his water drinking skills that he’s got underlying conditions. So if President High Blood Pressure shows up in two weeks claiming ‘covid’s like a bad cold’ then something ain’t right!”

Early Friday morning, Trump announced that he and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for the Wuhan virus. The first lady also provided an update from her Twitter account, assuring the American people that they are both”feeling good.”

White House Physician Sean Conley also released a letter, stating that he expects Trump to “continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering.”

This is far from the first time Dave Bautista has attacked the president. In April, Bautista smeared Trump’s supporters, calling them “braindead morons” who back a “wannabe dictator.”

via Breitbart News

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.breitbart.com

White House chief of staff says President Trump is experiencing ‘mild symptoms’ after COVID diagnosis

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows addressed the public on Friday morning following the announcement of President Donald Trump’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis.

What are the details?

In statements to reporters outside the White House, Meadows said that the president is experiencing "mild symptoms."

"He has mild symptoms," Meadows admitted. "The doctor will continue to provide expertise in the residence. He’s in the residence now. In true fashion, [Trump] is probably critiquing the way I’m answering these questions."

He added, "I can tell you that a number of us will be reporting back to him on the task at hand."

In the early hours of Friday morning, Trump tweeted about his and the first Lady’s COVID-19 diagnosis.

He wrote, "Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!"

Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately.… https://t.co/CIIB2LDQtr

— Donald J. Trump (@Donald J. Trump)1601614446.0

Pence, second lady, senior advisers test negative

The president has yet to tweet any follow-up statements regarding the status of his health or anything else at the time of this reporting.

In a Friday morning letter, the White House physician said that Trump and the first lady were "both well" and that he anticipated the president would continue carrying out his presidential duties.

According to Meadows’ Friday morning tweets, Vice President Pence and his wife, senior advisers Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin all tested negative for coronavirus as of Friday morning.

GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tests positive

A spokesperson for the RNC told TheBlaze on Friday that GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel received a positive COVID-19 diagnosis on Friday after coming in contact with an infected family member.

The spokesperson said, "After a member of her family tested positive for COVID-19, the Chairwoman was tested for the virus. On Wednesday afternoon, she got confirmation she was COVID-19 positive. She has been at her home in Michigan since last Saturday."

McDaniel tweeted her well-wishes for the president and his wife on Friday morning.

"Wishing @realDonaldTrump and @FLOTUS Melania Trump a speedy recovery," she wrote. "We are praying for you!"

Wishing @realDonaldTrump and @FLOTUS Melania Trump a speedy recovery. We are praying for you! https://t.co/VNFKhJRlKu

— Ronna McDaniel (@Ronna McDaniel)1601643827.0

via Conservative Review

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.conservativereview.com/

Judge Blocks Trump Administration Effort to Fund Immigration Services


A federal judge in San Francisco on Tuesday temporarily blocked a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) rule that sought to better fund services for people seeking citizenship and asylum through an increase in application fees, citing that it would discriminate against low-income applicants.

The block comes after immigration rights groups filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration.

The final rule was put in the federal register in August, including an explanation of how it is in keeping with President Donald Trump’s efforts to analyze and adjust cost and benefits at out-of-control federal bureaucracies.

The rule stated, in part: 

USCIS conducted a comprehensive biennial fee review and determined that current fees do not recover the full cost of providing adjudication and naturalization services. Therefore, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is adjusting USCIS fees by a weighted average increase of 20 percent, adding new fees for certain immigration benefit requests, establishing multiple fees for nonimmigrant worker petitions, and limiting the number of beneficiaries for certain forms. 

The Wall Street Journal reported on the judge blocking the rule, which would have gone into effect this week:

Under the proposed fee increases, the cost of a citizenship application would have risen to $1,160 from $640, or more than 80%, and for the first time the U.S. would have charged a fee of $50 to file an asylum application. Most fee waivers for low-income immigrants would have been eliminated under the changes. A group of immigrant-advocacy organizations sued to stop the fee changes.

U.S. District Judge Jeffrey S. White of the Northern District of California issued a nationwide preliminary injunction, ruling that allowing the changes to go ahead while the lawsuit continues would irreparably harm immigrants who couldn’t afford the new fees.

“If it takes effect, it will prevent vulnerable and low-income applicants from applying for immigration benefits, block access to humanitarian protections, and will expose populations to further danger,” Judge White, a George W. Bush appointee, wrote.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the judge also blocked the rule, in part, because it was issued by Chad Wolf who is the acting secretary of Homeland Security, which violates law because his is not a confirmed secretary of the agency, the judge said.

The ruling means that fee increases are halted until the judge reaches a full ruling on the case.

USCIS said in a statement it “is reviewing the ruling on the fee rule and has no further comment at this time,” according to the Wall Street Journal. 

The news outlet also noted that increasing fees to keep up with inflation is not unusual, but immigration rights groups claim it is an attack on immigrants.

“When you increase fees so much and you eliminate fee waivers, you’re completely pricing out millions of people from accessing opportunities that Congress wanted them to have,” Melissa Rodgers, director of programs at the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, one of the plaintiffs in the case, said.

Follow Penny Starr on Twitter

via Breitbart News

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.breitbart.com

Fact Check: Biden Falsely Claims the Pandemic Recovery Helps Only the Wealthy


Claim: Joe Biden said on Tuesday that the Trump administration’s efforts to soften the blow of the coronavirus pandemic and revive the economy had only benefited the wealthy and inflated the stock market.

Verdict: FALSE.

The stock market has recovered much faster than many expected after crashing in the early weeks of the pandemic—but so has the broader recovery. The unemployment rate has dropped much lower than many thought it would, from 14.4 percent to 8.4 percent. The economy has added tens of millions of jobs as states lifted lockdown orders.

Several of the administration’s programs bolstered Americans with low and middle incomes rather than the wealthy:

  • the economic impact payments handed out $1,200 to most Americans, with more going to bigger families, but was capped at around $100,000 of income;
  • federal government enhancements to unemployment benefits increased jobless payments by $600 per week, which allowed a huge share of Americans who had lost their jobs to receive more income than they had while working.
  • the Paycheck Protection Program lent hundreds of millions to small businesses, keeping millions of Americans employed even when the economy was largely shuttered; and
  • federal programs to pause student loan payments and stop foreclosures have helped millions avoid debt trouble during the crisis.

Because of the Trump administration’s relief programs, poverty declined even as the economy was ravaged by the pandemic

via Breitbart News

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.breitbart.com

James Woods Sums Up Presidential Debate In One Hilarious Tweet

On Wednesday night, after the first presidential debate between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden had come to its conclusion, actor James Woods summed up the debate in one hilarious tweet, indirectly referring to moderator Chris Wallace’s penchant during the second half of the debate for challenging President Trump while leaving Biden’s remarks unaddressed, a performance that left many people highly critical of Wallace.

Woods wrote, “President Trump crushed his opponent Chris Wallace head to head in the debate. There was also another fellow wandering around muttering to himself.”

Biden had moments when he did seem to be talking in a vacuum, such as when he insisted, “The party is me. Right now, I am the Democratic Party.” When Biden repeated, “I am the Democratic Party,” Trump wittily responded, “Not according to (Kamala) Harris.”

During the debate, Woods opined, “Chris Wallace is shamelessly biased. It’s a beautiful demonstration of fake news in action. I’m actually glad it’s happening, because you can see it for yourself.”

Woods added later, “Outnumbered and out gunned, Trump was an everyman tough guy who declared very clearly he wasn’t about to take any crap from a tired career political hack and his media gunsel. Imagine if Trump had been able to answer one question uninterrupted and Biden been forced to answer his.”

Wallace was criticized heavily after the debate for treating Trump heavy-handedly while treating Biden with kid gloves. As The Daily Wire reported:

One of the issues that Wallace was called out for the most was how he appeared to let Biden interrupt Trump but would jump in to interrupt Trump when Trump would talk over Biden.

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade even noted the discrepancy and called it out on social media, writing: “Why is @JoeBiden allowed to interrupt? @realDonaldTrump is not.”

Fox News contributor Andy McCarthy wrote: “I love Chris Wallace, but he should get out of the way. … Biden doesn’t support the Green New Deal. Oh, Wallace got that out of him? No, Trump did. Oh, well, did Wallace clarify what’s parts of Green New Deal Biden is against? No, needed to move on …”

Conservative Dana Loesch wrote on Twitter: “Never allow Chris Wallace to moderate another debate again. This was an absolute sh** show. The viewer wasn’t even a secondary concern.”

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter wrote: “Every time Trump is nailing Biden, Chris Wallace interrupts. ‘That’s the next topic!’”

Conservative commentator Allie Beth Stuckey tweeted: “I generally like Chris Wallace. This is a HARD debate to moderate. But it’s just true that this debate is very clearly two against one.”

Political strategist Chris Barron added: “Biden/Wallace won the debate. Don’t try to spin me with some bs. Fox News just handed the most important debate in history to the left. And they did it on purpose. If you have one set of rules you enforce it on all participants. Chris Wallace failed miserably.”

The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.

via The Daily Wire

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.dailywire.com

Pompeo to Vatican: China Snuffs Out Religious Freedom on a ‘Horrifying Scale’

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo urged the Vatican on Wednesday to join the United States in denouncing violations of religious freedom in China, saying the Catholic Church should be at the forefront in the fight to insist on basic human rights there. Pompeo made the appeal at a conference on religious freedom organized by…

The post Pompeo to Vatican: China Snuffs Out Religious Freedom on a ‘Horrifying Scale’ appeared first on The Western Journal.

via The Western Journal

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.westernjournal.com