Rush Limbaugh: Trump’s Bringing Peace To Middle East, And The Media Won’t Tell You So

Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh underscored the historic Middle East peace deal President Donald Trump signed at the White House on Tuesday, and emphasized that the media will not come anywhere close to providing the coverage it deserves. “So a big signing ceremony at the White House in mere moments for the peace deal […]

via Conservative Review

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.conservativereview.com/

DHS Cracks Down on Goods Made with Chinese Forced Labor

The Department of Homeland Security announced new restrictions on products made with Chinese forced labor in a press release on Monday.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP)—a law enforcement wing of DHS—introduced five orders blocking goods made in Uighur detention and labor camps. The orders target Chinese companies with a large presence in the Xinjiang province of China, where it is estimated that over a million Uighur Muslims are detained.

"By taking this action, DHS is combating illegal and inhumane forced labor, a type of modern slavery, used to make goods that the Chinese government then tries to import into the United States," acting DHS deputy secretary Ken Cuccinelli said. "When China attempts to import these goods into our supply chains, it also disadvantages American workers and businesses." 

"President Trump and this Department have, and always will, put American workers and businesses first and protect American citizens from participating in these egregious human rights violations," Cuccinelli added.

"The Trump Administration will not stand idly by and allow foreign companies to subject vulnerable workers to forced labor while harming American businesses that respect human rights and the rule of law," acting CBP commissioner Mark A. Morgan said. "Today’s Withhold Release Orders send a clear message to the international community that we will not tolerate the illicit, inhumane, and exploitative practices of forced labor in U.S. supply chains."

American lawmakers are considering ways to combat China’s agenda of economic warfare and the regime’s ties to American institutions such as universities and Hollywood. On Monday, Sen. Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) announced his intent to end "most-favored nation" status for Beijing. 

Last week, Keith Krach, the undersecretary of state for economic growth, energy, and the environment, told the Washington Free Beacon about the expansion of "clean" networks, which rid American technology, infrastructure, supply chains, and research of pernicious Chinese influence.

The post DHS Cracks Down on Goods Made with Chinese Forced Labor appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.

via Washington Free Beacon

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://freebeacon.com

Cotton: U.S. Should Eliminate China’s ‘Most Favored Nation’ Trade Status

Sen. Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) on Monday said he will introduce a bill that would eliminate China’s permanent "most favored nation" trade status.

In 2000, the United States granted China permanent most-favored-nation status—a designation that normalized trade relations between Washington and Beijing and eliminated a series of trade barriers between the two countries. On Monday, Cotton took aim at Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, who as a senator voted to include China in the World Trade Organization and give Beijing most-favored-nation trade status.

"This week is the 20th anniversary of Joe Biden voting to give permanent most-favored-nation status to China," Cotton told Fox & Friends. "Over the last 20 years, that decision supercharged the loss of American manufacturing jobs."

Biden defended both decisions as recently as last week when CNN’s Jake Tapper asked the presidential nominee if he was previously naive on China policy.

"No," Biden said. "In the context of that, we want China to grow, we don’t want to have a war with China. … It’s in our interest that China be stable."

Cotton warned on Monday that "Joe Biden will continue to send our jobs to China if he’s the president." The senator’s new legislation will signal a tougher stance from Washington on Beijing to allies and China-accommodating Democrats alike, a senior aide in Cotton’s office told the Washington Free Beacon.

"We should not thoughtlessly continue to grant extraordinary privileges to a country whose behavior is indefensible," the aide said. "This sends another strong signal to our allies in the region that Congress stands with them on Chinese aggression, that it won’t be tolerated."

Cotton also said the ability to revoke China’s favored trade status could be used to deter Beijing’s belligerent behavior in critical regional issues, including Hong Kong and the South China Sea. One expert told the Free Beacon that Cotton’s proposed policy would be a welcome addition to Washington’s increasingly hard line on China.

"Senator Cotton identifies a major problem, which is China’s bad conduct in international trade," Dean Cheng, a senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation, told the Free Beacon. "The United States should absolutely pursue measures via the WTO, and separate measures in coordination with our friends and allies, to make clear to China that its economic activities must abide by the international norms to which it has already agreed. Whether it is withholding the export of personal protective equipment, cyber theft of intellectual property, or subsidized exports of various goods, China must be held accountable."

The post Cotton: U.S. Should Eliminate China’s ‘Most Favored Nation’ Trade Status appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.

via Washington Free Beacon

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://freebeacon.com

Black Lives Matter Protesters Injured Surfing Cop Car and Blocking Traffic Near Site of President Trump Sacramento Visit (Video)

Several Black Lives Matter protesters were injured while blocking traffic near the site of President Trump’s visit to Sacramento, California on Monday. Trump met with Governor Gavin Newsom and other officials about the devastating wildfires plaguing the West Coast.

Videos posted online show several incidents of protesters blocking traffic lanes and harassing drivers, including swarming a police car. One protester climbed on the hood the police car as it tried to escape the mob. The protester crawled hood, onto the windshield and up on the roof as the police car kept driving. The protester surfed off the roof down the rear window and tried unsuccessfully to land on his feet, instead spinning out and hitting the pavement hard.

Longer version has protesters chanting, “You can’t stop the revolution!”

View from rear of cop car:

Another incident going viral is of a car being blocked by protesters that swerved into them and drove off. Other angles below the viral news video shows what really happened.

An ambulance took at least two of the injured protesters away.

More from the scene:

And earlier:

The post Black Lives Matter Protesters Injured Surfing Cop Car and Blocking Traffic Near Site of President Trump Sacramento Visit (Video) appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.

via The Gateway Pundit

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com

Lil Marco Joins Democrats on Senate Intel Committee and Refuses to Provide Support for Recent Garbage Report

Senate Homeland Security Chairman Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa, requested the notoriously corrupt Senate Intel Committee provide support for their recent bogus report that claimed Russia interfered with the 2016 election.  To no one’s surprise, the Intel Committee won’t comply.

The Washington Examiner reported earlier today:

The Republican and Democratic leaders on the Senate Intelligence Committee rejected a broad request from two Republican Senate leaders seeking access to the panel’s records to assist in their investigation into the Trump-Russia investigators.

Acting Chairman Marco Rubio of Florida and Vice Chairman Mark Warner of Virginia rejected a late August letter from Senate Homeland Security Chairman Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who said that they “respect the authority” of the Senate Intelligence Committee to protect its interests, adding that “ultimately, we have the right as United States Senators” to access the records.

“We note that your request of the Committee is made pursuant to Senate Rule 26, but fails to account for the unique authorities and obligations invested in this Committee through Senate Resolution 400 and respected over decades of Senate and Committee practice,” Rubio and Warner responded. “Accordingly, we must reject the absolutist interpretation of Rule 26 that you propose. If this Committee elects to share materials that it has collected and generated in the course of its investigation into Russia’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, it will do so pursuant to these long-standing Committee rules, and specifically, the joint agreement of the Chairman and the Vice Chairman.”

The Examiner continued:

In August, Johnson argued that “it is Democrats who have sought out and disseminated Russian disinformation” because “it was the Democratic National Committee, together with cutouts for the Clinton campaign, that paid for and helped peddle the Steele dossier.”

Grassley and Johnson told the Senate Intelligence Committee they also wanted records related to the CIA’s contacts with Perkins Coie lawyers Michael Sussmann and Marc Elias. Elias hired opposition research firm Fusion GPS, which then hired British ex-spy Christopher Steele, who compiled the anti-Trump dossier. Both Sussmann and Elias had contact with Steele during the 2016 election.

The Conservative Treehouse explained why the Senate Intel Community won’t provide requested information to fellow Senators:

The reason and motives for the denial are simple, yet the majority of Americans have no idea…. The SSCI was the legislative entity, both republicans and democrats, who participated in the unlawful effort to remove President Trump from office. The risk of exposure is exactly why Mitch McConnell put Senator Marco Rubio on the committee as chairman to replace Richard Burr. The Senate was participating in the soft-coup.

The Senate Intel Community showed that although the Republicans chaired the committee, ugly crooked Democrat Mark Warner was the one running the committee.  Warner was involved in the coup and the committee released numerous reports without any supporting evidence that claimed Russia was interfering in the 2016 election.

No wonder Grassley and Johnson want to know what’s going on and no surprise the Intel Committee won’t provide any data.  Thank God Lil Marco didn’t win the 2016 Republican nomination for President.  His true colors are now coming out.

The post Lil Marco Joins Democrats on Senate Intel Committee and Refuses to Provide Support for Recent Garbage Report appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.

via The Gateway Pundit

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com

MPR reporter quits over handling of sex misconduct reporting

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) – An arts reporter at Minnesota Public Radio News announced her resignation Monday, accusing management of dragging their feet on a potential story about a male employee at a sister station accused of sexual misconduct.

“My editors have failed to move forward on the story” after …

via Conservative Review

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://www.conservativereview.com/