California Legislature Moves to Protect Thugs Like Murderous Teenage Illegal Alien

It just warms the cockles of the hearts of liberals that the state of California is going to war with the Trump administration to protect criminal illegal aliens from those bad men of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

The California legislature capped off a whirlwind week when in the wee hours of Saturday morning, they passed a bill to limit police cooperation with federal immigration authorities which is now on the way to Governor Jerry Brown to be signed into law.

The state’s government is so controlled by zany left-wing liberal Democrats that it is practically indistinguishable from the old Soviet Politburo and neither conservative legislators nor residents have any say in this awful tyranny.

This is all just an ongoing tantrum over the idea that the rest of the country defied the leftist elite out on the west coast and derailed the Hillary Clinton express before it pulled into the White House.

These decisions are all knee-jerk identity politics responses but as is typical with the whackos who have hijacked the state, they have no connection to reality.

Why not protect criminal illegals if it goes against Trump, who the hell cares whether these are bad hombres who kill people, it’s all politics now.

The legislature’s rule by fiat in shoring up protections for killers will likely overjoy many who are like a teenage thug named Erick Garcia-Pineda who was facing deportation when he heisted a gun from vehicle of an off-duty cop and used it to murder a Latino social activist.

The San Francisco Bay Area NBC affiliate reports “ICE Confirms Teen Accused of Stealing San Francisco Police Officer’s Gun, Killing Community Activist Was Being Monitored”:

Another suspect among the trio charged with carrying out a murder with a San Francisco police officer’s stolen gun was believed not to be in the country legally, immigration authorities announced late Friday.

Earlier Friday, U.S. immigration officials confirmed a report by NBC Bay Area’s Investigative Unit that one of the men accused in the Aug. 15 murder, 18-year-old Erick Garcia-Pineda, was facing deportation and had been under GPS monitoring since April. The tracking information confirms he was at the scene of the slaying and other crimes, sources said.

Later Friday, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency announced separately that 24-year-old Jesus Perez-Araujo, also held in the slaying of 23-year-old Abel Enrique Esquivel, Jr., had been jailed in May and that immigration officials had lodged a detainer on him.

Perez-Araujo was arrested for marijuana sales charges and misdemeanor possession of brass knuckles. That weapons case is a misdemeanor and is still pending, prosecutors say.

The retainer against Perez-Araujo was not honored, immigration officials said. He apparently did not meet the felony history required by the city administrative code established to determine when such holds could be honored under the city’s sanctuary city policy.

Acting ICE Director Thomas Homan, in a statement, said any failure to honor its holds “undermines ICE’s ability to protect the public safety and carry out its mission.”

That news came as NBC Bay Area had reported Thursday that Garcia-Pineda had been in ICE custody since he turned 18 in December 2016. In April, a judge ordered that he be released with a GPS tracking bracelet.

According to the agency’s statement, Garcia-Pineda was “released with the requirement that he wear a GPS monitoring bracelet and report to ICE in-person on a regular basis.”

How many more innocent people will end up dead now that the California legislature’s interest in sticking it to Trump exposes the residents of their own state to danger from predatory scum like this?

 

via Downtrend.com

Enjoy this article? Read the full version at the authors website: https://downtrend.com